Laid out below are the Terms and Conditions to continued use of www.homerepaircompany.co.uk and services offered by The Home Repair Company ltd.
Below the Terms and Conditions is the HRC complaints procedure & copyright statement
- Additional Costs means any costs additional to the Callout Fee.
- Booking means the point at which the Customer has paid the Deposit to confirm a Call-Out, subject to these Terms and Conditions.
- Callout Fee means the set amount charged for HRC to dispatch an engineer to a customer’s property to begin emergency repairs.
- Call-Out means an attendance to a property in which an engineer has been organised to visit a property to deal with an emergency or conduct repairs.
- Contractor/Engineer means a sole trade or business who is not directly employed by HRC who is a competent person authorised to conduct Emergency Repairs or Works.
- Customer or Client is any individual or entity using and paying for Services.
- Deposit means a sum of money paid either by cash, bank transfer, card payment or other means to secure a Booking for an Engineer which takes effect immediately upon payment to HRC.
- Emergency Works are works that require immediate attendance and callout fee.
- ETA means an estimated time of arrival that is accurate at the time of being relayed to customer.
- Property, Premises or Site means the property at which the Customer has informed The HRC that works are required.
- Quoted Works are repairs that do not require an immediate attendance in which an Engineer will attend to issue a quote, may not require a booking fee.
- Sale or Sales means the provision of HRC’s Services in exchange or goods or money.#
- Service or Services means the arrangement of a qualified contractor to attend to conduct repairs at a customer’s property.
- Terms, Conditions or T&Cs means these Terms & Conditions.
- The Home Repair Company, Home Repair Co or HRC means the company registered at ADDRESS & details.
- Website means the website or websites through which The HRC advertises its services on the domain homerepaircompany.co.uk
- Works or Repairs meaning a type of Service HRC organise where Engineers undertake trades works at Customer’s Premises.
- Subject to any variations under clause 2.3, the HRC will supply, and the Customer will purchase the Services as set out in these Terms and Conditions, to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions [including any terms or conditions which the Customer purports to apply under any order, confirmation of order, specification of other document].
- In the event of any conflict between these Terms and Conditions and any terms of conditions which the Customer purports to apply under an order, confirmation of order, specification, or other document, then these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
- These Terms and Conditions apply to all the HRC’s Sales and any variation to Terms and Conditions shall have no effect unless made in accordance with clause [1.9]. Nothing in this clause will exclude or limit the Customer’s liability for fraudulent misrepresentation.
- The person paying for Services is the Customer and must be at least 18 years of age.
- The Deposit is paid before the booking is confirmed and is non-refundable subject to provisions of Section 6.
- All deposits paid to HRC cover the call-out to site and first hour labour only.
- HRC will confirm Additional Costs with the Customer before they are incurred where possible, but the Customer accepts that the nature of emergency works may require rapid action and HRC cannot guarantee this notification. The Customer agrees to be liable for these Additional Costs and;
- If the Customer does not agree to Additional Costs, the HRC is not liable for unfinished work or partial repairs and;
- If Additional Costs are not agreed, the HRC reserves the right to remove the engineer from Site without finishing Repairs.
- Any quotes issued for further works are subject to the price stated on the quote or such other price as is expressly agreed in writing by the Customer and the HRC.
- If the Price is not fixed by clause 4.1, the agreed price is the price listed on the HRCs published price list on the Website at the date when Booking is made.
- Any quotation given to the Customer is valid for 21 days.
- Where at any time before delivery of the Service there is an increase in the cost of raw materials or labour, due to currency fluctuations or any other means, the HRC may adjust the price accordingly.
- The price may be exclusive of any applicable VAT, which the Customer shall be additionally liable to pay.
- Complete payment for works at the cost provided by the HRC is due immediately upon completion of works, unless otherwise agreed in writing prior to works commencing.
- In the event of late payment, the HRC will send a minimum of 3 reminders; one reminder once the payment is 24 hours overdue, one reminder once the payment is 7 days overdue and on after the payment is 14 days overdue.
- Following non-payment after 21 days the HRC may engage a debt recovery agency.
- In event of non-payment, the HRC is entitled to cancel or refuse any further Services to the Customer, regardless of prior agreement.
- The HRC may charge the Customer interest [both before and after any judgement] on the amount unpaid at the rate of 8 per cent [8%] per annum above the Bank of England base rate from time the payment is overdue until the payment is made in full.
- It is the responsibility of the Customer to understand or ask for clarification of the Call-out Fee costs if they do not understand these before booking.
- The Customer is to make HRC aware of all known details of the works required when booking attendance and;
- HRC takes no responsibility for inaccuracies given by the Customer that may come to light during attendance that affect the works required on site.
- HRC reserves the right to remove the Engineer from Site in this situation.
- If the HRC are given any incorrect details upon booking then the Customer may lose their non-refundable Call-Out Fee and will need to pay a new Call-Out Fee to confirm a new booking, subject to the discretion of the HRC.
- It is the responsibility of the Customer to ensure these details are correct and, if they are not, to call the HRC immediately to make corrections.
- The Site must be free of any and all hazards that may be potentially dangerous excepting those directly relating to the emergency that the booking is for and;
- The Customer takes full responsibility for any hazards on site and clearing site of them.
- The HRC reserves the right to remove the Engineer from site for any reason.
- The HRC reserves the right to instruct the appointed Engineer to leave Site if;
- the site is deemed to be dangerous by the Appointed Engineer and;
- the Site is deemed to otherwise pose a risk to the health and safety of the appointed Engineer.
- The Customer is still liable for the cost of the Call-Out Fee.
- Work and Attendance
- HRC will instruct Engineers to attend the Customer’s Premises within 4 hours of a booking being made, however HRC cannot guarantee that time frame and does not accept liability if attendance cannot be provided within that timeframe.
- The Customer is to be available at Site during the Attendance Time agreed upon and HRC reserves the right to charge for any time that the Engineer must wait for the Customer to arrive at the Site and the HRC reserves the right to leave Site if the Customer is not available during the Attendance Time agreed upon.
- The HRC reserves the right to remove the Engineer from Site, particularly in situations where the Customer is uncooperative, misleading, hostile, or abusive.
- The Call-out fee may not be refundable if HRC instruct the engineer to leave site in any circumstances regardless of whether Works are finished.
- Any costs for a missed or cancelled Attendance Time in accordance with clause 5.2 and 5.3 will be invoiced to the Customer and is to be paid within 24 hours.
- Costs may be incurred for searching for the property after 15 minutes if every effort has been made by the Engineer to find the premises.
- All further works should be booked via The HRC and are not to be booked directly between the Engineer and the Customer.
- HRC will not take responsibility for works that the HRC have not directly booked or are not aware of.
- HRC reserves the right to decline further works requested by the Customer.
- Cancellations & Refunds
- A Customer can cancel a booking by contacting the HRC but accepts that the Call-Out Fee is non-refundable unless no costs have been incurred by the HRC and is to be refunded at the discretion of the HRC.
- The Customer should allow 10 working days for the monies to be received back into the Customer’s account.
- The HRC reserves the right to cancel work at any time, without reason given, regardless of whether works are partially complete or yet to begin.
- The Customer accepts that where works are cancelled, the Callout Fee is non-refundable.
- Guarantee & Warranty
- The HRC does not guarantee works completed on a fixture that has not been maintained, including annual/periodic maintenance, as per the manufacturer’s maintenance guidelines or warranty.
- The HRC does not guarantee it will undertake works on a fixture that has not been maintained.
- An emergency temporary repair may be completed to stop the immediate issue whilst follow-up repairs can be arranged, which may be at further cost to the Customer in which a quote will be provided to the Customer.
- Damage to Site & Trace & Access
- The HRC does not take liability for damages caused when attempting to gain access to carry out a repair.
- The HRC and Engineer will do its best to notify the Customer that this damage is required for access to give the Customer the option to opt out before the damage is done, but cannot guarantee this notification due to the rapid action required to stop an emergency.
- Where the Customer does opt out of any trace & access, the Call-Out Fee is non-refundable.
- Any materials fitted, or goods provided to the Customer remains the property of The HRC, The NEG or the attending Engineer, until the Customer has paid the costs of attendance and works in full.
- In the event of non-payment, the HRC may recover and resell the goods from the Customer. The HRC may enter the Customers premises for this purpose and may, if necessary, detach or remove the materials from any fixture, fitting, goods, or part of the premises they are attached to regardless of the effect this may have on the functionality of any part of site.
- Quality & Workmanship
- The HRC warrants that on delivery of the Services, or parts fitted or installed during the carrying out of the service, the Service or Parts shall.
- be free from material defects in design, material, and workmanship;
- be of satisfactory quality [within the meaning of the Sale of Goods Act 1979];
- be fit for any purpose held out by the HRC.
- Force Majeure
- 12.1The HRC shall not be liable for any failure, cancellation, or delay in performing its obligations under these Terms and conditions to the extent that such failure or delay is caused by a Force Majeure Event.
- Entire Agreement
- These Terms and Conditions and the documents referred to in it constitute the whole agreement and understanding of the parties and supersede any previous arrangement, understand or agreement between them relating to the subject matter of these Terms and Conditions
- Each party acknowledges that upon the Booking of Services, or otherwise authorising services from the HRC, it has not relied on any statement, representation, assurance, or warranty [whether made negligently, deliberately, or innocently] other than those expressly set out in these Terms and Conditions, or the documents referred to in it.
- Each Party agrees that all liability for and remedies in respect of any representations are excluded except as expressly provided in these Terms and Conditions.
- Nothing in this clause shall limited or exclude any liability for fraud.
- All items in these Terms & Conditions can be changed at any time without notice.
- These terms should be checked upon each subsequent use of the services of the HRC to ensure that the Customer fully understands the Terms & Conditions and any potential changes since they previous used the service.
Liability & Defemination
The Customer agrees that if there is any negative feedback or complaints on any social media or review sites, they must notify the HRC to allow confirmation that they are a customer of HRC.
Any negative feedback or complaints must be taken directly to The HRC on the contact details given for complaints, and;
An amicable resolution must be sought directly with the HRC without any attempt to spread negative feedback through any media, physically or digitally.
The Customer agrees that the Customer is liable for damage caused by the Customer to HRC or the Engineer resulting from any material written and distributed or published on media, social media or review sites regarding the service of the HRC and Engineer.
Complaints are to be notified to the HRC immediately, preferably in e-mail to email@example.com though may also be made in writing to the address available at www.homerepaircompany.co.uk or by phone call.
Complainant must provide Customer name, site address, and a phone number to allow the HRC to find the works to which the complaint relates.
Complaints must not be made via any electronic means other than email particularly not by social media.
The desire to log a complaint must be stated outright in the e-mail, letter, or phone call. Other expressions of dissatisfaction, that are not specifically stated as a complaint, will not be logged and processed.
Upon receiving the complaint the HRC aims to respond within 7-14 days to allow time to review gathered information from the Complainant, HRC records and the attending Engineer where applicable.
The HRC will attempt to ensure that this reply is satisfactory to both parties to resolve the complaint however it is the responsibility of the Customer or accept or decline this resolution
If unhappy with the resolution proposed by the HRC the Customer can escalate the matter to Trading Standards at their digression.
The HRC will make all reasonable effort to assist the Client in resolving any dispute with the HRC and,
Will provide advice to the Customer as is reasonable, such as contact details for Trading Standards.
The HRC will hold details of complaints indefinitely, though for a minimum of 6 years.
The Customer agrees to allow the HRC a reasonable time to respond to complaints, which is within 28 days
The Customer agrees to follow all principles in law regarding the Defamation Act 2013.
All online content on the HRC website or websites belong to the HRC and must not be used elsewhere without explicit and written authorisation by the HRC.
HRC reserves all rights for all copyright material on our Website or other available materials under The Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988.